Friday, October 28, 2011

Please welcome Author Robert C Roman


How/why did you start to write?
The first fiction I remember writing was a Star Blazers fan fic.  This was way, way back in the 70s.  I got about ten pages in... and then school was over and I had to put my notebook away and go home.  I found that notebook again recently.  It shall never see the light of day!  Never!

How did you become an author?
I started writing with the intent of publication about five years ago.  A complete stranger read something I wrote and liked it enough to say so online.  I kept writing, kept submitting, and one day in July of 2010, Lisa and Heather at Decadent Publishing sent me back a contract instead of a rejection.  Woo Hoo!

What was your first published piece?
Fae Eye for the Golem Guy.  It's a paranormal romantic comedy about a straight laced Golem and a wild Fae princess.

Where was it published?
Decadent Publishing.  Hey Lisa and Heather!  Mad Props to the Publishers who took a chance on me!

How long ago?
August 1st, 2010, so roughly 14 months.

What did you do before embarking on your writing career? Was it an asset to your writing? How?
I'm still doing some of it.  I teach high school at Woodrow Wilson High School in Camden New Jersey.  Before that, while I was writing, I worked as a Project Manager, a Programmer, a Help Desk Tech, a Lab Tech, and that doesn't include all the jobs I had working my way through school.
It's always an asset, both because of the number of people I've met and the number of odd situations I've found myself in.

What inspires you?
My wife.  My kids (both my children and my students).  My friends.  Music.

Please share one of your successful marketing techniques
Um... when I find one I'll tell you?

 
Parting words
I'd just like to send out a quick thank you to everyone who has supported me and my writing.  You guys rock!

You can find me online at www.robertcroman.com.  Come by and visit!

My latest book, What Not to Fear, came out this summer.  It's the sequel to Fae Eye for the Golem Guy, and it's available at Decadent, Amazon, and wherever fine eBooks are sold.  J


Michaela Miles is Philly’s best detective.  Sometimes her methods are medieval, but that's not surprising.  Michaela has been fighting evil for nearly four hundred years. 

George Matthew Franklin, Matt to his friends, is on the cutting edge of forensic science.  He has been paired up with the city's best detective to prove what the new techniques can do.  There's only one problem: he won't find much evidence if he can't take his eyes off his new partner.

Michaela and Matt make enemies, because Bad Guys don’t like detectives or investigators.  Demons and Fae, Vampires and Thugs, none of them can get away with misbehaving when these two are on the case.  When they all join forces to take vengeance, everyone will learn that there are always worse things to fear!

4 comments:

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you for visiting my blog, Robert.

holessence said...

Your marketing technique cracked me up!

Shiela Stewart said...

Wow, you certainly have a wide variety of work experience.

Great post!

Robert C Roman said...

Thanks for having me, Leanne!

holessence - Yeah, I keep trying new things, and hopefully one will catch on soon!