Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Taste of Humanity by Shiela Stewart

Author Shiela Stewart writes...

Thank you Leanne for having me on your blog. (It's my pleasure, Shiela)

Leanne asked me to tell her readers where the idea came from for this book so have a seat, pour a cup of whatever you desire, and let me entertain you.

I've recently been welcomed into the Decadent Publishing house and my first novel with them is Awaken the Demon. My second novel is called A Taste of Humanity an unfortunately I can't give you many details without ruining the ending of the story. But I can tell you how it got started.

Decadent Publishing has a new line of books titled 1NightStand. Madame Evangeline has created the dating site for couples looking for something more. I was encouraged to write a story and instantly my brain went into gear. It doesn't take much to get my brain into the creating mode. After investigating the series, I sat down to write A Taste of Humanity and within a week, the story was finished. I was thrilled to write something that involved couples coming together for one night or day and living out their fantasies. I like to add a touch of mystery to my stories and I did exactly that with A Taste of Humanity, which you'll have to read to find out. : )

I set the fling in the city of sin, Las Vegas because I've always wanted to go to Vegas. I did research into Vegas, the shows, gambling and the lights. Normally I hate research but because Vegas has always intrigued me, I was happy to do it this time. Not only did I research the live shows, but the streets and hotel as well. I wanted to get the details right and draw the readers in and make them feel like they're actually in Vegas. I added in every detail of the hotel the couple are staying in but sounds and sites as well. I had so much fun doing it that now I want to go there even more.

So there you have it. A tiny glimpse into how I got started writing A Taste of Humanity. Now check out the blurb and leave a comment and tell me what you think.

Blurb

A Taste of Humanity:

Coming soon with Decadent Publishing www.decadentpublishing.com

One night of passion could be fatal!

Wanting some excitement in her life, Penny Parker heads to Vegas. She's hoping the guy Madame Evangeline has set her up with will give her more than a thrill.

Cale O'Donnell is a virgin...of sorts. Wanting something he's never had before, he signs up for the 1 Night Stand service. Deciding to meet his match in Vegas seems the right setting for his tryst. What better place to have a fling then in the Sin City.

Thrills are abundant when Penny and Cade get together. But will it be more than she bargained for? Has Cade bitten off more than he can chew?


3 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Sounds like a great read, Sheila. I love the cover! :)

The Sweater Curse said...

Hi Jessica
Thank you for commenting.
I agree. It's awesome. You can so clearly see the tension.

Shiela Stewart said...

Thanks Jessica! That is a great cover isn't it. :) I'm prety happy with it and it conveys the story almost perfectly without giving it away. ;)

Hi Leanne, thanks for having me today. I had so much fun with this story and the surprise ending. :)