Friday, May 13, 2011

Please welcome Author Veronica Lynch

How/why did you start to write?
It feels like I've been writing all my life, but did not get serious until 1987 when I decided to try my hand at romances. It quickly morphed into romantic suspense as that is the genre I'm drawn to like a magnet.

How did you become an author?
I began writing in 1987; all of it I learned later was pure crap. In 1993 I discovered the local RWA chapter, began attending meetings and slowly picked up the important things like POV; Goals; Motivation and Conflict; Characterization; and Plot Development.

What was your first published piece?
Under my first author name, Kat Henry Doran, my first book, "Captain Marvelous" a romantic suspense set in the Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York, was first published in 2004. It came out in re-release through The Wild Rose Press in 2007.

What did you do before embarking on your writing career?
I am a registered nurse by first profession. Later on in life I earned a certificate in Paralegal Studies and became a Legal Nurse Consultant. I am also a certified forensic nurse examiner.

Was it an asset to your writing?
All my different jobs have helped me bring realism and authority to my writing. It/They have enhanced my voice and writing style.

What inspires you?
People who give of themselves to help the abused, the disadvantaged and disenfranchised populations.

Please share one of your successful marketing techniques?
The All Romantic Suspense Blog Tour has been very successful for my sales. I didn't invent the idea but I'm awfully glad I fell into it--then took advantage of the email that announced it on one of my author loops. I am also actively involved with the Class of '85 series out of the Wild Rose Press. The authors have stared a blog and we have a lot of fun with it.

Parting words
There is a special place in Hell for women who fail to help other women. This is a quote from Madeleine Albright, former Ambassador to the UN.

My latest novella, "The List", was released in March by Wild Rose Press and can be purchased at www.thewildrosepress.com
In April "The List" garnered a 4.5 books review from Long and Short Reviews and was nominated for Book of the Week. The reviewer said in part,"...author's fluent writing style, in your face characters, story plot and goals were captivating, and had the reader eagerly turning the pages..."
FMI: www.KatHenry.com or www.Veronica-Lynch.blogspot.com
Thanks for having me, Leanne!
Veronica Lynch

(It was my pleasure.)



Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Twenty-five years ago, Fiona Thorpe's classmates voted her most likely to explode. Through hard work and rigorous self-control she is now every woman's fantasy, every man's wet dream. Head held high school reunion weekend. Her goal: exact revenge on those who made her life a living hell back in the day. Her first attempts are remarkably easy and give her profound satisfaction. But no one is more shocked than Fee when she discovers the handsome, respected man seated beside her at the opening banquet is a modern day Paladin, who avenges those unable to defend themselves. To make matters worse, he is her former chief tormentor, Mick Dineen.

Are some wounds too deep to heal? Or can two former enemies find common ground?

6 comments:

holessence said...

Veronica, I very much appreciate what inspires you:

"People who give of themselves to help the abused, the disadvantaged and disenfranchised populations."

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

I admire your philosophy, Veronica! Great interview! I almost forgot we share the same career. I'm an RN, too. It does help with my writing. I meet so many types of people.

Jannine Gallant said...

I love the "pure crap" comment. I'm pretty sure most of us started out sifting through that stuff!

Veronica's Tales said...

Hi holessence,
thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Best,
Veronics

Veronica's Tales said...

Hi, Kathleen,
For a very long time I resisted the idea of making a hero or heroine out of a doctor or a nurse. After all, we don't know where their hands have been.
Slowly, that's changed.
The ins and outs of medical care are so comfortable to you and me--but such a mystery to the general public.
Thanks for reminding me I need to get back to my roots.
Veronica

Veronica's Tales said...

Jannine
The husb called my attention to a box of over-large envelopes [which I'd forgotten I even had] and asked, "What do you plan to do with these?"
Yep--the 'crap' had risen from the dead. He repeated the question.
I resisted the most typical for me come-back top on my tongue and said, ever so sweetly, "I'll take care of it, dearrrr."
It's still there. Gathering dust bunnies.
Best always
Veronica