Friday, December 24, 2010

Clever and intelligent authors

Have you ever notice that some habits are very hard to break?
If you're a smoker, a couch potato, or an overeater you know what I mean.
I fit into at least two of those categories and here's another--blogoholic.
Today I was going to take a break from this blog. And, yet, here I am.
What I should have done is gone elsewhere. I shouldn't have sat down in front of my computer. I shouldn't have sufered the net, because when I did everything screamed, "Post about me. I'm interesting."
I tried to ignore it. I did.
The trouble is I'm weak and besides some people don't play fair, at all.
For example, not to name names or anything, but over on Daily Dose of Decadence (www.decadentpublishing.com) A. Faris was just too clever.
And, then...and then...Robert C. Roman on 30 Days of Decadence (http://www.30daysofdecadence.blogspot.com), he didn't even try to play fair. What with his informative explanation of why I feel so much better today than I did yesterday, and everything.
Go, read, you'll see what I mean. But, remember, I warned you.
Now, I swear I'm going to break these chains. I'm going to enjoy my day. I'll be back later with my report from the yule log.
Next post: Report from the Yule log (later tonight)
Happy Holidays!!

No comments: